Published newborn, Children & family photographer
Maternity photos are often forgotten about, or put on the back burner, but why? What’s so important about documenting this time in your life? And why should you have maternity pictures taken rather than just taking them on the fly when you’re with family and friends? These are all questions that I’m going to answer today.
A lot of times, parents feel like they don’t have time for things like maternity photos. They’re more worried about the baby and how they’re going to juggle everything once their little one arrives. Some mamas don’t feel beautiful or are uncomfortable with their ever-changing bodies.
But maternity photos are so important! Not just because you’ll want pictures to look back on when your child is older, but also because it’s a milestone in your own life. Pregnancy is an experience you’re living. There are ups and downs and a whirlwind of emotions that come along with pregnancy. You’re growing and changing, your body is doing amazing things. Your life of just husband and wife is changing, and your family is growing. Or maybe you already have children and your adding to your family. No matter what the situation is maternity photos help you to document that time in your life.
Maternity photos should be taken by someone who knows how to make women feel beautiful. You want these pictures not only because it’s a time in your life you’ll cherish, but also because you’re making memories with the people that are important to you at this moment. Each pregnancy is unique and has its own one-of-a-kind experience, so why would you let just anyone take them?
By having maternity photos taken by a professional, you’re ensuring that you’ll have beautiful and sentimental pictures to look back on. They will know the best poses and angles to capture your beauty. They’ll also help guide you through the session so that it’s stress-free for you and give you prompts that are sure to evoke emotion, which you’ll love in your images.
These photos are something you’ll want to hang on your walls and show off to friends and family, so why not have a professional take them?
Here are some tips to making your maternity session memorable:
– Find a location that you love. This could be outside or in the comfort of your own home. Your photographer will look for places where there’s beautiful light – either morning or sunset – depending on what time of year it is.
– Ask your photographer to help you choose a wardrobe that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable. This could be something flowy and feminine or maybe something more casual depending on your style. Bonus if your photographer has a client closet and has stunning maternity gowns for you to wear!
– Document who is there with you during the session! This will be a special time for you, but it’s also nice to include your husband and children. Having maternity photos done with a family can be something to look back on when your kids are grown up – they’ll have memories of being together as a family during this special time in their mom’s life.
– Show off all angles of your little bump by having some posed shots as well as candid ones. The best part about being pregnant is how quickly it changes. By having some posed maternity photos you can capture yourself at this moment in your pregnancy.
– Don’t be shy! You’re beautiful and pregnant, it’s okay to embrace that special time of your life. Show off those curves or why not show off the bump? Either way, you’ll have amazing maternity photos taken for an experience of a lifetime.
I hope after reading this article you’ve realized that pregnancy is truly a magnificent thing, and it’s something you’ll definitely want to be documented.
Megan is a photographer based in the Greater Sacramento Area, serving Northern California for all your photography needs. She specializes in family, graduates, engagements, weddings, maternity, and newborn photography. Contact your Sacramento Maternity Photographer today!